Sunday, July 8, 2012

Croatia loves bears

While driving to Plitvice Lakes today, we crossed under not one, not two, but FIVE bear and wolf bridges. That's right - the nice Croatian people have created bridges over their main highway just for their wildlife. Now they just have to hope the bears are smart enough to use it instead of the shorter route through the cars whiz zing by.

(does this remind anyone else of the wolf highway on one of West Wing's Big Block of Cheese days?)

Sadly, no pics of the bear/wolf bridges on my phone, so can't upload to the blog. Nor can I show you the sign for the 3.5 mile tunnel we took today.

Instead, I shall leave you with my view where I sit outside, updating the blog, enjoying the low humidity, and soaking in the beautiful forest surroundings. Tomorrow is a hiking day, so lets hope humidity stays low and temps don't hit 90!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for low humidity finally!

    It was cold in Frankfurt...

    Mom

    ReplyDelete